Built and tested.
Convert MDA, Hercules, CGA, and EGA video signals to VGA for use with a modern monitor.
Run your vintage PCs with their native video cards for best old software compatibility.Features:
- Powered by a high-performance Altera FPGA, providing a lag-free conversion.
- Monochrome emulation in classic amber or green.
- CRT scanline emulation in CGA and EGA modes.
- Composite CGA mode, for many more colour possibilities in supporting games.
- On-screen-display controls for image position and tuning.
- Monotech EternalCRT
- 2m EGA Cable (supports MDA, Hercules, CGA, and EGA)
- 1m USB Power Cable (Wall adapter not included; use a phone charger or USB port)
Note that the colour of the top panel may be green sometimes instead of white.
Tested with an IBM PC 5150, IBM MDA card, IBM CGA card, Genuine Hercules card, IBM EGA card.
This is meant for vintage PCs. Industrial machinery often uses MDA-like or CGA-like signals, but the frequencies are usually off, and won't work with the EternalCRT.The Airmail postage is untracked. Usually 2 weeks, but has taken up to 2 months on rare occasions.The Courier postage is 3-7 days tracked, but only available to certain destinations.The Express postage is 2-3 days tracked, but costs a lot more. You must supply a phone number with the Expedited option.These postage times can be delayed by your country's customs service.Support for your video card, VGA monitor, or capture device, is not guarenteed. I have yet to come across a VGA monitor it doesn't work with however.Uses Luis Antoniosi's MCE2VGA FPGA configuration